Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Getting Ready

I decided that if I still had a job, I would have something to keep my mind off of my worrying; but I could'nt go back to work so close to the end of my pregnancy so I started a project. I decorated her nursery and started picking out names. Damine and I decided on Piper Grace. We decorated her room in bunnys. Everything was pink. We had her name spelled out in wooden letters on one wall and Damine painted the letters in pastel colors. It was beautiful. I was trying my best to put my troubles aside and get ready for a new baby. I bought baby clothes, and other items for her. I washed them and put them up and felt a great sense of normalcy to my life now. I was also trying to include my son in all of these tasks so he could be excited about his sister coming home. He had seen as much sorrow and anxiety in our home as he needed to. Although I tried not to show it in front of him, I will be the first to admit that I have never been one to hide my feelings well. I was also getting ready for Christmas and I was due in January. One day right before Thanksgiving; Jameson came to me crying and told me he was so worried that he couldnt sleep. I tried to comfort him as best I could. I knew that he had probably had his own worries for a long time and didnt share them with me. I suddenly felt very selfish. I should have been more protective of him. More strong for him instead of going around feeling sorry for myself. I had to fix it but didnt know how. For several years Jameson had been asking for a dog. We decided that this Christmas, that was what he needed. A companion to help him pass the time until all of this was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment